I think I won’t be getting many books this year, because “I have too many” (says my family). I’m certainly giving many books to others, whether they like it or not!
But if I were to get books this year, I’d be hoping for these ones…
- The Folio Society books
I’d be thrilled with anything from The Folio Society, but in particular I love their editions of Vile Bodies and The Queen of Spades. They’re both so beautiful!
2. The Invisible Woman by Claire Tomalin looks really interesting
3. Any books about female writers, especially Jane Austen, Jean Rhys, Virginia Woolf and Katherine Mansfield!
4. The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood
5. More Persephone books!
My collection is steadily growing, but there’s always room for more.
6. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgsen Burnett
This edition is so pretty, and I never owned my own copy, so I’d like to have one to relive the wonder and magic I found in it.
7. The Diary of Samuel Pepys
I’ve become very interested in this man and his era, so reading his diaries would be great.
8. Aunts Up the Cross by Robin Dalton
I ran across this at work and think it looks really good!
9. SPQR by Mary Beard
I have been naughty and bought it on Kindle, but I’d love a physical copy of Mary Beard’s newest book.
I can’t think of anything else I really want or need… so I’m leaving the 10th spot for surprises and new discoveries for the new year. I feel content with what books I have right now, and haven’t seen many more I really want, which is a very nice feeling (and very rare…)