Everyone knows I love a good challenge. I also love books… and I have a teetering, looming pile of them. So what better than Cathy 746’s
Summer Winter Reading Challenge?
You heard me. It is on like Donkey Kong.
I’m not going to beat myself up about not finishing this- I know pretty well that I won’t. But I do want to make sure I spend my me time reading and not wasting time watching The Chaser and contemplating getting some Pad Thai… which is all my brain seems to manage right now. So as per her challenge, I am to elect 20 books I’d like to read over the next few months and tick them off, then blog about them.
I’m going easy on myself and I’m going to be picking some fun/easy things, but from other lists I’ve got going at the moment, such as my list of things I want to be reading, the Gregory Peck-a-long and my own little list in my diary that makes up the Popsugar reading challenge for this year. Since most of them have stuck around on my top pile of things to read for months, it’s about time!
1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (yeah, yeah, I know this is a monster… but I’m going to take it slow!)
2. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
3. Cider with Rosie by Laurie Lee
4. Down and Out in Paris and London by George Orwell
5. Animal Farm by George Orwell
6. Little Birds by Anais Nin
7. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Graheme
9. The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham
10. Summer Crossing by Truman Capote
11. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
12. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
13. The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
14. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
16. Asphodel by H.D.
17. The Selected Poems of T.S. Eliot
18. Mythologies by W.B. Yeats (DNF)
19. Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
20. Little Star by John Lindqvist