I saw this tag done by the ever lovely A Kernel of Nonsense and just had to do it too… even though I loathe
secretly love singing Christmas carols. By the end of Christmas I’m so done with them, it’s ridiculous. But books and catchy tunes? I’m there! I’ve also tried very hard not to make every answer Harry Potter related!
1. You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch – Name a villainous character you can’t help but love to hate.
Heathcliff. What a twisted bastard! He’d definitely give The Grinch a run for his money. He’d do a far better job of destroying Whoville, though he’d take 20 years to finish the job, then go mad himself at the end.
2. All I Want For Christmas Is You – What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
This monstrous bad boy. Whether I use it as a weapon or as a book, I’m thinking this will be under my tree.
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Name a favorite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favorite?
Cormoran Strike from The Cuckoo’s Calling, as he had a very troublesome missing leg and a bit of PTSD. Plus, his long time girlfriend left him. Those are some pretty intense obstacles, if you ask me.
4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Which characters do you think are at the top of Santa’s “nice” and “naughty” list?
Dorian Gray would be the top of the naughty list, and he’d whine and whine all day about the coal in his stocking.
On the nice list? Hagrid. He’d definitely be on the nice list. He could probably also be Santa, with the beard and a thestral drawn sleigh.
5. Frosty the Snowman – What book just melts your heart?
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a surefire swoonfest and general “awww” inducing book.
6. Feliz Navidad – Your favorite book that takes place in a country other than you own
Most of them Ah… The Chrysalids. Can’t get much further than that!
7. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – What book do you read to get in the Christmas spirit?
Oh… None really. None of the Christmas books relate to my hemisphere, so none feel like Christmas to me.
I always did love the Christmas feast in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone though. I remember being hell bent on eating chipolatas as a child because of it!
8. Sleigh Ride – What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
Matthew from Anne of Green Gables. I think he’d be a lovely companion, especially if I went to Canada. He could drive me around in a sleigh!
9. Baby It’s Cold Outside – What book do you hate so much you’d sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
This question is great!!
Ohhh, there’s so many. I’ll go with Breaking Dawn, because it’s pretty sizeable and would make a good fire.
10. Do You Hear What I Hear? – What book would you recommend to everyone?
A Fortunate Life by A.B Facey. Because it’s awesome.