I finished my Bachelor’s degree on Monday! YAY!
So I promptly became sick with the flu. Boo.
I got this tag from Youtube… I think it was Katytastic. I thought it looked fun!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
What, only 20,000?!
I go by emotion, brain capacity and on how many other things I have to do. It seems like a fairly complicated process but it feels quite natural to me! I’m not very good at sticking to TBRs for this reason.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It depends… Sometimes I keep reading because it’s a train wreck and I want to see how it crashes, like I did with Ghouls Rush In. Sometimes I just drop it, like I did with The Name of the Wind or never go back to it for no particular reason. I feel like I should feel more bad about it than I do…
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I haven’t really had this problem, but I think I would try to complete it because I never like to fail!
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I don’t read many series, but I do get pedantic about the covers matching in size, format and picture… If they don’t and I really like the series, I hold out for as long as I can for the new cover or I buy a set that does match.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I don’t really care… I think that it’s all up to personal interpretation. I do question whether it’s my problem or the world’s problem sometimes though, depending on the book!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I try to pretend I have the flu.
True story there.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book?
I don’t tend to forget too much, to be honest, unless it was a really long time since the first came out. If I really liked the first one and am struggling with remembering details, I’ll give it a re-read.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I’d probably just say “Sorry, no… but it’s really cheap at xyz place”
I don’t lend out copies I’m very attached to though. Paperbacks not so much, I’m not overly protective of them.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I keep trying until I get into something or I pick up one I liked before and want to re-read. I always feel like I hit slumps and then get 5 books I love in a row, then slump again!
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
All of the books.
I don’t have this problem enough.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
Oh, a year or so.
Not long at all…